This is the personal website and blog of Wade Lanning.
As an engineer, I love bulleted lists. So here is my entire life in a bulleted list.
- Early life: 18 years bouncing around Wyoming, Colorado, and Idaho.
- B.S. @ Boise State: 4 years studying Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, and world history.
- M.S. @ Penn State: 2.5 years spent on a PhD in MSE that wound up being just a MS while I kayaked, biked, went to football games, and adjusted to life away from the mountain states.
- Ph.D. @ Georgia Tech: 6.5 years working on another round of grad school while learning how to mentor others, live in a diverse city, and discover my passion for data science.
- Real life @ Seattle: I followed a girl West, and I’ve ded a bit of everything: teaching, working in an analytical lab, contract work, and looking for new opportunities. Now I am a forensic investigator and safety expert who sometimes writes about movies.
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.Frank Herbert